1938 IS A YEAR WHEN A CONFECTIONERY FACTORY NAMED AFTER N.K. KRUPSKAYA WAS FOUNDED.
The history of the confectionary factory named after N.K. Krupskaya started since 1938, when, in accordance with the order of the People's Commissariat for Food Industry, a chocolate factory was open on the base of a kitchen-factory.
From 1938 to 1940, in spite of the fact that many production processes were executed manually, the factory output volume increased from 636 to 3053 tons.
THE FACTORY STAFF WORKED EVEN DURING LENINGRAD SIEGE!
During the Great Patriotic War the factory helped the country and the native town as much as it was possible without shutdown even for a day. During the siege new types of products were developed, so necessary for the starving town: fortified varieties of “Cola” chocolate, pine needles tincture and extracts which helped them to avoid scurvy
For selfless labor during the war, the factory was listed in the town's Book of Honor. In 1943 it produced 3 tons of chocolates " Little bear in the North". They became a trademark of this confectionery factory since 1966.
THE POST-WAR YEARS - FIRST AWARDS
In the postwar years, the factory was developing rapidly - was reconstructed, new kinds of articles were produced. The factory blooming occurred in the Soviet Union: in 1948 the products of the factory received a diploma and a golden medal at the international exhibition in Brussels. In 1956 it was awarded the title "Enterprise of excellent quality". In 1961 — "the Enterprise of high production culture."
PRODUCT PACKAGE – COLLECTIBLE THING
Since 1967, the enterprise has been collaborating with leading professional artists in the field of graphic design.
The famous Soviet artist Lukyanova T. V. developed large chocolate series such as " Little bear in the North", "Troika", "Vernissage", as well as gift candy boxes "Saint-Petersburg", "Summer garden", "Cosmic", "Red domes", "Nevskiy prospect", "Zolotaya Niva", "Russian seasons", "Leningrad", "Admiralty" and others which became COLLECTIBLE THINGS.
As a special quality mark at each chocolate package and confectionery articles, created by the author, manufactures started adding her signature – “Artist T.V. Lukyanova” in the middle of 1980s.
1970-2000 YEARS – PRODUCTION AREAS RENEWMENT
In 1970-80 the factory was a part of Leningradskiy confectionery industry production association. In 1988 the factory started self-financing and self-management. The chocolate production area was reconstructed and the equipment was renewed.
In 1992 in accordance with privatization program the factory became a joint-stock company. In 1995-1996 sweets production area was reconstructed. 1997-1998 – chocolate production area was renewed.
Since 2015 the factory has been a part of one of the largest Russian confectionery holdings “Slavjanka” including such famous all over Russia factories as Slavjanka in Stary Oskol, Confectionery factory named after N.K. Krupskaya in Saint-Petersburg, Volzhanka in Ulyanovsk, Konfi in Ekaterinburg.
THE MOST FAMOUS BRANDS OF N.K. KRUPSKAYA CONFECTIONERY FACTORY.
“Chocolate with warm traditions” – is a main motto and an instruction for factory employees. Recipes of mostly liked since childhood sweets and chocolate are carefully kept and passed on from generation to generation. We are still producing such famous brands as “Osobyi”, “Vernissage” , “Little bear in the north”, “Russian seasons”, “Caravan Pustyni”, “Summer garden”, “Saint Petersburg”, “Petersburg nights”, “KFK Assortment”.